On 2012-04-21 11:07, Matteo Sisti Sette wrote:
By the way, thinking about it again, I think the sound card applies a DC
voltage to its input (about 3V) (in order to polarize an electret
microphone), so I'm afraid the parallel diodes can't work because the
one pointing downwards would always be "on".........

That sounds unlikely. If it had 3V on the input you would always get a high value with nothing connected. Anyway, it's better to use a line input with piezos because their output is in volts, not millivolts.

If it really has 3V on it, putting a 10k resistor in series with the input will protect it and still pass the piezo signal, which is very high impedance, so won't be diminished much:

      |    |
      ^    V
      |    |

Martin