On 28/09/12 11:38, Jonathan Wilkes wrote:

----- Original Message -----
From: Simon Wise<simonzw...@gmail.com>

  And who is this mythical user that looks to the Debian repositories
  to figure out how to do something in a programming language?
  (Hm, I'm not getting audio output, let's open up Synaptic and
search
  20,000 mostly non-related packages for a solution...)

they are at all not mythical, though not as numerous as those using apple,
windows or a pre-assembled linux distribution.

That's not what I'm talking about.

I'm referring to what Hans wrote:
For me, apt-get install pd-arraysize is far easier than trying to
     remember that [expr] trick.  And thankfully we can write externals,
     so we can have choice. :-)

exactly ...

certainly not the typical pd user, but also certainly not a mythical one either,
and since the work done for such a package is by one or other such user then
that seems very reasonable to me.

Simon