On 04/10/12 01:08, Simon Wise wrote:
wouldn't that make it difficult to put the window outside the screen
deliberately ... for example to hide the window decorations off-screen?

I have needed to use this a few times (when making the window properly
fullscreen was not possible or appropriate), and it is sometimes a lot
easier than trying to work out how to tell a particular window manager
not to put decorations on a particular window.

'devilspie' is what I use for generic window-manager-override tweaking, though I tested it myself with only xfce4 desktop.

http://burtonini.com/blog/computers/devilspie
https://live.gnome.org/DevilsPie
http://www.foosel.org/linux/devilspie

Claude