Yeah I tried that out a few months ago when we started the thread. Jack adds
some unnecessary overhead in my opinion and I'm surprised that a device that
should be more than capable to handle this is just not setup correctly. I'm
running a minimal commandline install and pd + realtime & straight alsa should
work great ... it has for me in the past.

His jack setup basically uses *all* the cpu of the pi, so that cuts out the
other parts of my setup altogether .. visual, device input, etc. Again, I was
able to get good latency with a much lower resource machine (until it just wore
out), so it *should* be possible.
On Jul 3, 2013, at 4:35 AM, Julian Brooks <jbee...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey Dan,
>
> Jeremy (autostatic), who setup the 'rpi and low latency, real time audio'
> thread has a UA-25 and seems to have full duplex working with jack (this was
> before the recent tweaks as well):
> http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=286222&sid=85c8b0a7cca69e35dcafaf58ff916eec#p286222
>
> Could be worth asking him?
>
> Julian
>

> On 3 July 2013 02:58, Dan Wilcox <danomat...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yeah I tried the latest firmware with my Raspbian install and still have
> issues with my UA-25. Full stereo duplex = dropouts. :(
>
> On Jul 2, 2013, at 5:52 PM, pd-list-requ...@iem.at wrote:
>
>> From: Pierre Massat <pimas...@gmail.com>
>> Subject: Re: [PD] Raspberry Pi USB2 audio fixed (apparently)
>> Date: July 2, 2013 3:52:31 PM EDT
>> To: Julian Brooks <jbee...@gmail.com>
>> Cc: PD List <pd-list@iem.at>
>>

>> Hi all,
>>
>> I did a fresh install of Raspbian using the NOOBS installer. The pd-extended
>> package from puredata.info doesn't work with my soundcard (it wasn't working
>> before). And Pd vanilla installed from the Raspbian repositories doesn't
>> work with it either (although it was working fine before). My soundcard is
>> an old EMU 0404 USB. By "doesn't work" I mean that it either throws an
>> "Audio stuck/closing audio" error, or simply freezes everything (Pd, LXDE,
>> mouse, everything) and all I can do is unplug the power chord.
>>
>> So for me not only did it not fix anything, but i'm actually worse off and
>> left with the inability to use Pd at all on my Pi.
>>
>> I haven't tried Miller's compiled version of Vanilla yet (I still don't know
>> how it is different from the one available in the Raspbian repos). The
>> recent Planet CCRMA Satelite for the RPi is also an option.
>>
>> Pierre.
>
> --------
> Dan Wilcox
> @danomatika