On 10/06/13 20:34, Ivica Ico Bukvic wrote:

> A programming language is a lot about being consistent,

yes

> and as such it seems logical that a msg should retain its last known state,

no. that's totally unrelated to being consistent.

so that when receiving a bang it would output its last stored values.

why?
i think the current behaviour is very consistent though probably less
convenient than some would like to have it.

consistent and convienient are similar words but not very related.

> msg certainly stores the remainder of a non $arg list (if any) and even saves
> it with the patch, so I would argue that it very much has a kind of "memory"
> that can be altered with [set{.

yes, i was inaccurate.
a msgbox does have a memory, but $args in msgboxes only relate to the
*current* message. since a message is a volatile event, the *last
current* message is not longer current in any way, hence it's values are
not remembered.

gfmser
IOhannes