On 02/10/2014 05:43 PM, Wesley Boynton wrote:
No such luck, unfortunately. All pd-related programs have the necessary permissions, yet I am still stuck in the loop.

Thanks a bundle,
~W

On Mon, Feb 10, 2014 at 5:37 PM, Simon Wise <simonzw...@gmail.com <mailto:simonzw...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    On 11/02/14 08:24, Wesley Boynton wrote:

        Hello, all! I am currently using PD-Extended in both OSX 10.8
        and 10.9
        environments.

        On our administrator accounts, we installed X11 and everything
        went fine.
        It launches and all is well.

        However, in our primary user accounts, we're greeted with a
        "You don't have
        permission to use the application 'Pd-extended'" dialog.
        Repeatedly. No
        matter how many times I grant it permission on an always or
        one-off basis,
        it continues to pop up the same dialog until I surrender and
        click "OK."

I don't understand-- if you surrender by clicking "Ok" to the dialog then where is the infinite loop?

Does the main Pd console window come up?

-Jonathan

        This is, by the way, all despite the fact that PD and X11 are
        on the list
        of Parental Control-Approved applications for use.

        Any input would be extremely appreciated and valuable.

    maybe you need Wish and/or Pd-extended and/or pd-gui or something
    on that "safe" list as well?

~Wesley Boynton
http://www.wesleyboynton.com
CELL: 703-635-0839