On 02/17/2014 10:48 AM, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
I think that the way forward with the pd/gui separation is to work on the low
hanging fruit, things that are easy to fix.  Let the hard parts for later,
which will only be a couple areas.

So that means looking at everywhere where sys_gui() or sys_vgui() is called,
and seeing how the raw Tcl in those calls can be converted into Tcl procs.  The
syntax for calling Tcl procs is very close to a Pd list, so that is an easy way
to get close.

The Pd dev community has always been plagued with a desire for grand plans
before starting work.  And that has proven to mean nothing happens.

No sane person is going to do incremental work without a plan on GUI software in 2014 that only has a single undo.

-Jonathan

.hc