Yo ed kelly!

Another dream might be to use a pre-existing prior purchase akin to something
like this:

http://www.akaipro.com/synthstation25

Where the users nice expensive mobile devise is the processor.

Except on a pedal. Made of metal.

The mobile screen could also act as monitor or whatever...

Rjdj/libpd already puts an idea like this part way there.