Hmm. Doesn't seem to have an audio input though, so perhaps it'll work for a
synthesizer but not for a "stompbox" straight away. The site recommends a "USB
microphone" for audio in, so that's not encouraging...
Ed

>>> So what about a Raspberry Pi  inside a stompbox that runs pd?
>>
>>> But could the arm11 in that thing handle awesum (sic) audio processing? ;)
>>

>>Well the Raspberry Pi is based on an ARM chip. Does anyone know how these
>>chips compare when running RJDJ or libPD applications?
>>Perhaps this is a possibility, without too much modification of libPD or even
>>RJDJ.
>>
>>...but someone would need to write a host for the Raspberry Pi.
>
>> What do you need by "writing a host for Pd"? Something like a very simple OS?
>

>Er..well I can see they run Linux, so I think I was mistaken. My head was in
>the world of BASIC - nostalgia gets in the way of the facts!
>Of course, Pd would need to be compiled for the hardware.
>

>I think we need to wait until one of us gets one and tries it out before we
>find out what they're capable of. I've expressed interest, but they're
>massively oversubscribed.

> I bought mine yesterday, and should receive it in about a week. The first
> thing I'll do is try to install Pd.

On the other hand, the idea of a dedicated PDOS isn't a bad idea...Ed

> Yes, how hard would it be to have this?
Well, it could be a highly stripped-down version of Linux. I don't think anyone
has the time to write an OS, so I was being mischievous in suggesting this. I
am having some funny ideas today...
Ed

Pierre.