I downloaded the version compiled for VC++ off of:
http://www.lightlink.com/hessling/PDCurses/

I then copied:
curses.h
=> C:\Program Files\DevStudio\VC\include
panel.h         => C:\Program Files\DevStudio\VC\include
curses.lib
=> C:\Program Files\DevStudio\VC\lib
panel.lib       => C:\Program Files\DevStudio\VC\lib
pdcurses.lib    => C:\Program Files\DevStudio\VC\lib

I couldn't see where to put curses.dll so I left it alone.  I then went
to compile one of the test applications [from /demos in the uncompiled
distribution of PDcurses, available at the URL above], fireworks.c from
the source distribution to see if things were working, only to get this:

firework.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _endwin
firework.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _wclrtobot
firework.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _wmove
... [several more errors, too long to paste, 14 or so total?]

I also tried testcurs.c which gives even more errors like this:

C:\unzipped\pdcurs24\demos\testcurs.c(388) : warning C4013: 'isprint'
undefined; assuming extern returning int
C:\unzipped\pdcurs24\demos\testcurs.c(795) : warning C4013: 'strlen'
undefined; assuming extern returning int
Linking...
[linking gives 70 errors ... it not finding isprint & strlen is fairly
disturbing in itself, to be honest...]

I read the documentation [and all the source files], but it just didn't
say anything about all this, it assumed it hadn't been compiled yet and
didn't really say anything about what to do afterwards.  What am I doing
wrong here?  Are those test applications not portable, or did I install
this incorrectly, or?  Maybe I'm just doing something stupid, but if so,
I can't figure it out...