Hi Laura, everyone,

LM wrote:
I remember someone posted to the list a while back asking about mouse
support in DOS for pdcurses.  Did anyone ever get around to working on it?

Borland's Turbo Vision has nice mouse code. Borland says officially that TV is public domain, and over at DJGPP, SET maintains TV on an SF site, I think. Ought to check the current license, because PDCurses is public domain and that shouldn't be tainted.

The main problem is that I haven't figured out a way to neatly do an input event queue. Rather, whether there is another way other than what TV uses. Keyboard and mouse events have to be in a proper sequence, but hooking to the keyboard interrupt is tricky. TV goes down to low level (interrupt hooks and/or I/O) for keyboard and mouse, and so far I haven't thought of another way to implement the event queue.

So if TV is PD, then it may be just a matter of adapting the code to PDCurses. There doesn't seem to be an alternate, more elegant way of doing it.

--
Cheers,
Kein-Hong Man (esq.)