On Sat, Apr 7, 2012 at 11:37 AM, Alby <alb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 1) is it necessary for the language I use to have specific bindings
> for pdcurses, or is pdcurses language-agnostic?

I'm not really sure what you're asking here. PDCurses is a C library.
Various other languages can import it, or have wrappers for it. I
don't think there's any such thing as a language-agnostic library.

> 2) does pdcurses for DOS support UTF-8?

No. Currently UTF-8 is only supported in the Win32 and X11 ports.

> 3) does pdcurses contain an EditBox module (a multi-line window/frame
> within which I can edit text, like in a text editor)?

No, that's beyond the scope of PDCurses per se. But you can certainly
find curses-based code to do that which will work with PDCurses.