Hi,

Sorry the info didn’t help. I’ve never used the alternate character set. I
recalled seeing something years ago about double width or double height
characters that suggested use of an alt char set.

Unfortunately I don’t recall whether it concerned VT100 or a HP terminal.

Info on URWID indicates that it supports ncurses, but cannot verify if it uses
alt char set.

However, the following might be more relevant:  NCURSES Extended Characters
Quick Reference Chart …
<http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CB8QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmelvilletheatre.com%2Farticles%2Fncurses-extended-characters%2Findex.html&ei=SXQqVciHMriRsQTw_oHYBA&usg=AFQjCNFRj32IUwb_rAIcLxshKAVKvKo5fA&sig2=9WriNH4ClmWzupm6s2gR2w&bvm=bv.90491159,d.cWc>
 It includes c code that uses curses to display alt char set.

Dick