Hi,

Adam, glad to hear! Please give it a try! I've just pushed a new version
with workin video read/write. So this gives PDL now a video reader.

I have two questions for further development.

1. OpenCV is huge. Every method needs a C wrapper which needs a PP
function. So, code generation is almost certainly a must. As you can
see, some functions are already generated but this is more of a hack than.

My needs and time are limited at the moment, so I may not do great
developments beyond what is present in the near future. Ideally, a
parser for hpp files would generate wrapper code and a PP api. I guess
this can be done for a large subset of OpenCV methods with tweaks here
and there. I guess the Inline::CPP parser could be a starting point?

2. The build system is a hack. The cw directory contains C++ wrappers
that use cmake and are partly generated using Makefile.pm. So, cmake
needs to run successfully and you need to make install so that
PDL::OpenCV can find the shared object. I think the PDL::OpenCV modules
should link directly against the cw/build directory avoiding the install
step. If cmake is not successfully finding libs, I guess using something
like ccmake to set paths etc. updating the cmake cache after code
generation should work in many situations. I guess in the end an
Alien::OpenCV module should take care of the C wrapper, which is somehow
conflicting with code generation.

Again, I may or may not be able to significantly change the current
behaviour.

I suppose substituting Mat by UMat in the wrapper could provide seamless
OpenCL integration? Anyone has experience with this?

Looking forward to your feedback.

Ingo