Could you provide an example of how to call the polyroots() function in
PDL::Math?

In Math::Polynomial, I can solve the roots for something like 'x^3 - x^2
+ 4x + 4' by calling its routine:

my(@roots) = poly_roots(1,1,4,4);

which will return the roots of that equation in a perl list, @roots, above.

The polyroots() function in PDL::Math seems to want two piddles, if I am
reading this correctly, one for reals and one for imaginaries.   But I
don't understand how I would use it this way, or what I would be getting
in the output from the function.

Maybe you can use my simple example above since my use case will
unlikely need much more complexity than that, although there may be many
more terms.

Thanks if you could, and maybe add your example(s) to the man page for
PDL::Math?