[Apologies, the last email was sent from the wrong email address. PLEASE disregard]

Hey folks,

I’d like to submit some sort of fix to the change in behavior I’ve noted at the bottom of this issue,

https://github.com/PDLPorters/pdl/issues/330

namely that [xyz]vals return a double regardless if a smaller type has been requested. Here’s the symptom:

   perl -MPDL -E 'say xvals(short,2)->info'
   PDL: Double D [2]

We’re in the midst of an upgrade to modern PDL, and this is biting us (for a couple of reasons listed in the github issue).

I need to solve this quickly, but I’m not sure of the original aim of that issue.

Was it that the default should be a double if no type is specified? I think that makes the most sense.

Any opinions?

Thanks,
Diab

(I’ve been away from IRC for the last few months, and my irc bouncer is disconnected ATM, so apologies if I don’t respond there.)