I am looking for a lens (fixed or zoom) which reaches 400mm.  I see Ebay has
a Sigma 400mm f/5.6 APO manual focus lens for Pentax ( I have ZX-5N) on item
# 1209610088.  Do any of you have this lens or at least an opinion of its
value and quality.  I have not been able to find any info on the www. about
it.

Somewhere on the web I ran across a lens performance survey which favored
the Sigma AF 135-400mm F/4-5.6 APO Asph.  This is rather pricey (for me) at
around $500 U.S. new.  Any thoughts on this lens?

My wife and I will be using the lens to shoot birds and other wildlife.

I earlier purchased a Pentax SMC F 70-210 f/4-5.6 from a fellow list member.
We are Very happy with this lens but need a longer focal length for shooting
the small critters.

Greg & Polly

visit the Pentax Users' Gallery at http://pug.komkon.org.