Dan wrote:

     Always nice to hear there is another Marine on the list.

S/F -  All us jar heads gotta stick together.

Dan wrote:

     I bought my first Pentax while serving as a Marine in Viet Nam.

One of my friend photogs at the University of Kentucky was a former Marine
photog, a section cheif in Nam.  Maybe I should hate him, he's the guy that
convinced me to join.  This guy had 3 Spotmatics (all black) and 2 complete
sets of everything Pentax offered at the time, late 60's.  Every lens,
every filter, every accessory.  I couldn't get him to sell me anything.
Not even lend me a 85mm or Tele-Takumar.  If I remember correctly, his
photo section purchased so much Pentax equipment in Tokyo, that the store
would occassionally give him an "extra."  That's why his name isn't
mentioned, the miltary might still hold a grudge. <g>  I lost contact and
wonder how he's doing today, but I'm sure his Pentax equipment is in very
well worn condition, much like my Spotmatics.

visit the Pentax Users' Gallery at http://pug.komkon.org.