I don't usually find myself defending the use of AOL (in fact, this
may be the one and only time), but I can see why someone would use
it. Here are a couple reasons:

1.) Ubiquitous nodes. Pretty much anywhere you go (at least in the
States) there's a local dial-up number.

2.) Family reasons. Your relatives, who have no earthly idea what the
Internet is or how you would interface with it, are comfortable using
it. This also applies within your own house if you have a budding
adolescent with friends who use AOL.

That said, I'd prefer, if anyone on the list is going to use AOL,
that they use an earlier version that supports plain text or consider
employing another email client to interface with the list, as Peder
did.

Oh, and please, please, do not let this degenerate into another
HTML/plain text war.

Doug

At 9:50 AM -06002/3/01, William Robb caused thus to appear:
--
Douglas Forrest Brewer
Ashwood Lake Photography