My understanding of the double Gaussian design'
failure (from the lens design sites) was that it
produces bad bokeh.

Collin

At 07:34 AM 2/6/01 +0900, you wrote:
>It is one of the designs known as double Gauss type, a
>very usual design for normal lens.   And Pentax's Super-
>Takumar 50/1.4 was one of the first designs of this type.
>
>Needless to say, it is Pentax's original design.
>--
>Yoshihiko Takinami

"The accumulation of all powers legislative,
executive and judiciary in the same hands . . .
may justly be pronounced the very definition of tyranny."

--James Madison, Federalist 47