X - A scroll of news from
Peter Alling  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> -- Read it? [yn] y
>Hi, about attachments, you can tell these are aimed at
>the microsoft world.  You can visually examine the
>extension on the file and tell what it is, maybe.
>In the microsoft world the last three characters in
>the file name tell the OS how to handle the file.  So
>be carefull of any file with a name ending in,

[List of common extensions and explanation]

I played with Outleak Express once or twice and it does - by default -
*not* show the true extension of a file. If I send you a message
with `foo.jpg' as attachment, OE will display it with an icon
appropriate for images and the name `foo' (without extension).

This particular message contains a file named `TIAZINHA.JPG.pif'.
The displayed name will have the `.pif' stripped and have a
different icon.

OT: A stupid way to scare the bejeezus out of OE users is tacking
the following lines on your message (I put it in a box to disarm it):

| begin  present.txt.vbs              |
| Hi, I'm a signature virus. Copy me! |
| end                                 |

Fortunately, this one is pretty harmless.