At 23:36 11.2.2001 -0500, you wrote:
> At 01:38 PM 2/12/01 +1000, Rob Studdert wrote:
>
> As it is virtually a software function how they execute MLU on the Leica R8
> system is: set the mode to MLU, one press of the shutter pre-fires the
mirror
> the next press triggers the shutter after which the mirror comes down ready
> for focussing/composing and the next pre-fire trigger, this cycle continues
> until MLU mode is disabled, sweet. Maybe a feature of the MZ-Sn :-)
>
> That does sound like the best of both worlds!
> - MCC

Yes, combined in the ugliest slr ever - R8

         (why Leica made such ugly and big slr when their rf cameras are so cute
and small is out of my imagination... R8 also looks like it's been made by
a designer on a bad trip, imho. I much prefer the early German hardware
(like Contax S, Contaxes, Leicas #,M3,...) to those strange ugly R8 slrs.
BTW, who will bet that Contax S is the nicest SLR ever ;) ?

Frantisek