On Wednesday, December 11, 2002, at 02:39  PM, Carlos Royo wrote:

Hello Sylwester:
I sent some messages to the list about the problem you mention.
When you screw a filter to the back of the lens, the mirror in the MZ-S,
MZ-5 or MX gets stuck when it is returning to its normal position after
having fired the shutter.
If you press the bayonet release button and turn the lens slightly, it
returns to its prefire position.
It doesn't get stuck in bigger bodies such as the Z-1 or SFX. Perhaps
they have bigger mirror chambers.
In fact, I am thinking about selling this lens, as I don't use it very
often and a 18 or 15 mm. would suit my needs better.

Carlos Royo

I've read somewhere that MZ and MX users should file away a bit of the incredibly thick aluminum ring the filters are set into, which is supposed to fix the problem you mention.

Haven't done it myself, but I will when and if I pick up this lens.

Dan Scott