On Wed, 11 Dec 2002 22:56:55 -0500
"Brad Dobo" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Heh,
>
> I ordered extra ones, rubber eye cap and findercap, because I knew
> I'd lose them.  Of course, now that I have them, I probably will
> never lose one :)
>
> Brad.

heh...

Mine fell off at the most inconvenient moment: I was on Sardegnea (an
island in Italy), had arrived at midnight - my suitcase hadn't
(thanks Alitalia!). I was there for a conference. The suitcase still
hadn't surfaced the next morning, so I went off to the nearest city
(Pula - 45min from the conf. center by bus) for replacement cloths
and stuff - only to find that everything was closed until 16:00 due
to "siesta". The only thing not in the suitcase was my laptop and the
MZ-S, and so since I had brought the camera along, I thought I would
take some shots of the city under the hard mid-day sun. Guess what?
That was exactly when I discovered that on the trip from the conf.
center to the city, the little eyecap had disappeared.

Strong mediteranian sunlight made me realize that the eyecap was
actually usefull. Thus, upon my return, I acquired a pile of
replacement caps to have in spare, should such happen again....caps
which now have been sitting around unused in the camera bag and the
drawer.

I guess the lesson to learn is, that when you have a spare, you don't
need it. When you don't, you do :)

--thomas