On Monday 13 January 2003 16:37, Ketil Eidsaunet wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I've got an MF Pentax setup with several items and lenses that I would hate
> to stop using.  Including macro lenses, a ring flash (AF-080-C - I wonder
> if it will work in TTL mode with an MZ-S?), an extreme wide angle lens, a
> 500mm Tamron mirror lens, to mention a few.
>
> I would love to continue using many of these items, and have no possibility
> of buying all of them for an AF system.  But I would really love to have an
> advanced AF body!
>
> I'm looking around these days, and is really interested in an MX-S.  The
> reviews are not only positive, but all in all it looks good.
>
> Anyone have experience with the AF-adapter for MF K-mount lenses?
> Price/performance?
>
> Anyone have tips for where to buy?  New or used, it doesn't really matter.
> Other tips are also welcome!
>
> Thanks!
>
> Regards,
> Kethyl, Norway.....

Why not use the manual lenses on an AF body?  It's not against the rules and
you still get focus confirmation (I believe).  Why do you need some sort of
AF adapter?  You certainly don't need to purchase AF versions of the lenses
you currently have  That's the wonderful thing about the PK mount!

The analog TTL flashes (like the AF-080-c, AF280T) will work with the newer
TTL systems like those on the PZ-1p, MZS and ZX-5n (MZ-5n to you).

By the way, I'm not familiar with the MX-S.  Are you refering to the MZ5n or
MZ-S?

HTH
Christian Skofteland