(The state rep. David is a distant cousin.  But I have no clout with him.)

Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 12:58:11 -0600
From: Dan Scott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

On Tuesday, January 14, 2003, at 01:14 AM, Mike Johnston wrote:
> As teenagers my friends and I endured epic late-night Leinie's runs
> that
> could last four hours and land us in god-forsaken little rural hamlets
> in
> central Wisconsin in the middle of the wee hours.

Having lived in the rural hamlets of Tripoli and Prentice, I didn't
find them all that god-forsaken. <g> But, yes, Wisconsin is the land of
cow farts, beer, and cheese.
I don't know if Wisconsin stills leads the nation in love handles run
amok, but it was the nation's leader for quite awhile.
Dan (god-forsaken) Scott