Speaking of scene contrast range, check out this wicked cool preview of the
just-announced Fuji Super CCD SR:

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0301/03012202fujisuperccdsr.asp

This is a fantastic idea. Another thing I'm going to have to wait to see
before buying my next digital.

--Mike

Way Cool! Fuji just invented digital Verichrome Pan (two emulsion film
since 1940's.) VP, beloved by some fine artists, was meant for the simple
p&s roll film cameras of the era.It produced beautiful wide scale b&w
prints. Go check grandma's scrapbook. I think Kodak 400 TCN has at least
nine  emulsion layers. That's where the wide latitude comes from.

I wonder if a similar effect could be created by electronic bracketing of
the digital eposure into a composite image?

Bill Lawlor