Hi!

I am replying to myself in order to collectively reply to all who
responded.

First of, thanks a lot. Somehow over last night (Israeli time) when I
posted my question this photo amassed huge 850+ views. To my total
amazement this is by now my most unusual shot - it has the lowest
rating among my photos but it has biggest view count and by quite a
margin too.

Anyway, thanks to everyone. My feelings were similar to what you've
said - I liked the softness of the way the colors/shades changed.

I had to consult my notes again. I made a mistake. This is after
sunrise shot, taken in the morning actually, so I had it renamed.

Those who don't like the foreground and/or overall lack of punch
and/or strong subject, if I understood you correctly - I will keep
that in mind. Admittedly I find it quite difficult to compose a
landscape. Either it is beaten to death sunset theme where subject is
mostly obvious, or it is proper landscape which I am yet to learn how
to deal with.

Finally the technical part of the thread - I have Netscape 7.0 and it
presented no deviation from the way IE 5.5 displays the PhotoSIG
pages. Furthermore, sometimes Netscape displays certain pages better than
IE does. I don't have any other browser so I couldn't tell. For that
very reason my own pages are handwritten with very basic HTML - in
hope that they will display properly (up to screen resolution of
course) on wider set of browsers.

Thank you very much again...

---
Boris Liberman