Doug Franklin wrote:

> On Sun, 02 Feb 2003 03:12:02 -0500, Ann Sanfedele wrote:
>
> > Well he is using a different printer, Doug.  MIght matter.
>
> That's why I mentioned which printer I have. :-)

ann sez
O? :)  I mentioned that for the benefit of others,actually,  I knew you
knew but
I think it was not reiterated which one he had in your post.

ann, quoted by Doug also said

> > and the paper certainly matters as we have discussed here.

Doug replies

> Well, I'm not so sure of that.  The printer doesn't know what paper you
> have in it.

> What it knows is which paper selection you've made in the
> printer setup.  _That_ will change the ink consumption.

Ann muses..
Ummm but it won't print nicely..  I have had it happen by accident.
If you are using glossy paper and you have the setting on matte it
makes a mess, for instance.  And I'm guessing that if you tell it glossy
and your theory is correct, you wont get enough ink to make a good
print on matte.

Ann wrote earlier:

> > Cory, the 820 is very inexpensive but it has a feature that
> > "warns" you when your cartridge is running low -

Doug sez

> I ignore it until one of the colors obviously runs out and haven't had
> problems yet.

ann sez she does too.  But her printer finally does stop dead at the point
where
a little red X covers the printer.  If one can go beyond that, I haven't
found a way.

Doug, I'm not at all meaning to be contentious, just trying to rehash to
get Cory the best
info.   I sure was helped in selecting the 820 by all of you here.

ann