On 3 Feb 2003 at 23:19, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I had the
> preconceived idea that the cmos would be mushy compared to a same sized ccd.
> I've read the 1DS vs MF threads and still wonder if what they say isn't true.
> Granted, 11MP is still 35mm whether it's on a SLR body or a MF back, but a 9x13
> inch capture @ 300dpi is pretty amazing, and all for less than $8K.  Hope Pentax
> can somehow keep up.

Hi Jay,

Thanks for the report, all information is appreciated. WRT CMOS vs CCD I am far
from surprised that the CMOS is not "mushy" in fact I'd have expected the
reverse. Some of the new large scale CMOS sensors seem to have dispensed with
the micro-lenses found on many CCD sensors. Let's hope Pentax get it right,
they ought to, they've been at it for long enough :-(

Cheers,

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110