Beyond perhaps wanting one, or seeing it as a camera to suggest the next
time a non-hobbyist asks "what digital camera should I buy", I think the
reason to be excited about this, is that if these little babies sell, it
may keep Pentax a healthy company.

More cash-flow may mean more R&D for the stuff many on this list really
want.  It won't guarantee it, but there's a better chance...

cheers,
frank

--
"The optimist thinks this is the best of all possible worlds. The pessimist
fears it is true." -J. Robert