Actually, I am NOT impressed - AT ALL!

The images seem to be either waaaayyy too soft, or oversharpened in
software.  There is very little detail resolution to my mind and a lot
of noise.  I don't know what ISO setting was used - look at the blue
background in the top left of pic2, or the hair in pic3.

I think the oversharpening required to give the impression of detail
resolution has overemphasized the grain.

I wont be giving up my 77ltd & Portra NC for this!!!

http://www.digital.pentax.co.jp/ja/optio550/ex_01.jpg
http://www.digital.pentax.co.jp/ja/optio550/ex_02.jpg
http://www.digital.pentax.co.jp/ja/optio550/ex_03.jpg

Not bad for a compact P&S with 5M pixels 1/1.8 CCD sensor and 5X zoom
lens!

Regards,

Henry Chu
21/2/2003