>> It wouldn't be half bad if it sold like F80s.
>

> But why should it? It is not that the *Ist D is bad in any way. But it is an
> also ran looking like a F80 with sensor of a one year old Nikon DSLR. The only
> selling point will be price. Lets just hope that the compettition does not put
> out something more competitive in the mean time.
> Pentax, due to its rather pedestrian image, need something more imaginitive to
> catch interest.

Pål,
I'm surprised you're being so critical. I think the *ist D is very
attractively styled, and it's certainly eliciting a lot of excited
utterances around here. And there's certainly nothing wrong with the Sony 6
mp sensor--it's a very good sensor and 6 mp is the ideal size for a "serious
amateur" DSLR. There is only one camera currently on the market with a
larger sensor, and it's in a whole 'nuther league as far as cost and
intended market. The *ist D certainly seems to be "catching interest" as far
as I can tell.

As for the N80, I don't think the *ist D particularly resembles it, but
there would be nothing wrong if it did. The N80 is one of Nikon's most
successful bodies in years, aesthetically and functionally. I'd probably be
using one myself if I didn't have to use that nasty Nikon "ni-sen" glass
with it!

--Mike