>> From CNET.com: "Unlike competitors, however, this camera has a
>> 1.8-inch LCD that can be used as a viewfinder instead of just for
>> playback and menus."

>> How can that be. How can you see the picture on the LCD screen
>> when the mirror is down. Has the *istD an additional CCD in the
>> optical viewfinder path ?

> Maybe a partially transparent mirror as used in the Olympus
> E10/E20?

That was my thought, too - a partially silvered mirror (as used on
the MEF, the LX, and...).

>> If yes, that would be a real novum.

> And a competitive advantage of Pentax! Now it is outstanding,
> isn't it?

Well, yes and no.  It depends on how much light is "siphoned off" by
the path to the CCD - those of us who want a bright viewfinder will
not want it dimmed unnecessarily for CCD display purposes.

Or, am I (a DSLR incognoscenti) missing the boat on what is involved
here?

Fred