>You can do almost anything in Photoshop including change the grain
>characteristics.
>If you do no other manipulation you might be right but anytime you start
>with digital
>where do you stop.

...as the actress said to the bishop.

Where do you stop with anything? When does a painter know when to but
down the brush? When does a sculptor stop mixing clay? These things are
instinctive, or they are not. Surely it os for the viewer to decide.

Frankly, I cringe when I see a nice image ruined by a Photoshop filter,
but they can have their place. It's all in the eye of the beholder. A
good graphic designer is worth his/her weight in gold.

.02,

Cotty

Oh, swipe me! He paints with light!
http://www.macads.co.uk/snaps/