It has not effect on function, but if you are spending that much on a lens and they
make the matching kind, it's frustrating not to be able to get it.  Certainly we care
about colors for cars, although it doesn't effect mileage.

Steven Desjardins
Department of Chemistry
Washington and Lee University
Lexington, VA 24450
(540) 458-8873
FAX: (540) 458-8878
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 03/07/03 10:25AM >>>
Just tell me one thing, why does the camera have to match the lens, are we
talking about colour, you know the sexy thing?

Ziggy

Provided  that there will be a camera matching the Limited lenses, what kind
of interface would you like to see? Pentax have been all over the place
regarding interface for their cameras the last decade. All of them have
basically been great but for different usage and preferences. Eg. to my mind
theres no doubt that the traditional dial interface is best for working on a
tripod whereas the newer wheel interface is better for settings when your
cameras is held up to your eyes.

I suggest the following interface for a Limited camera wich I assume is the
closest thing to an "LX with AF", a nomenclature used by Pentax camera
division boss, we will ever seen.
The new fad of having large LCD panels on the back of the camera, like on
the *ist, makes room for traditional controls on the top plate of the
camera. I suggest a Limited lens focus ring finished metal shutter speed
dial on top. This dial should have an "A" setting addition to the
shutterspeed. The camera have two wheels, like on the *ist D. Some may think
that this is overkill but I think it adds flexibility because it gives you
both manual and hyper manual with no need for "hold" switch like on the
MZ-S.  In A, both lens and camera, the camera give hyper program like on the
Z-1p. When lens is off the A setting, the camera varies between hyper manual
and aperture priority auto like on the MZ-S. Switches for metering modes and
drive modes should be placed like on the MZ-S. AF system interface like on
the *ist D. A large LCD panel on the back would detract from the camera
traditional look and finish, matching the Limited lenses, while it may give
room for a host of features, perhaps via custom fuctions, without cluttering
the interface. Such a camera have the potential of appelaing to a lot of
advanced Pentax users whether they come from the Z-1p, MZ-S, LX or any of
the medium format cameras.

Pål