Fra: Bob Walkden [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sendt: 22. marts 2003 09:31
Til: Paul Stenquist
Emne: Re: It's started!

Hi,

> Bob Walkden wrote:
>>

>> I'm happy to be a horse's ass Paul if that's what it means to ask for
>> some consideration and sympathy towards the victims of war <snip>

> No, you just don't get it. Your opinions are insignificant. It's your
> refusal to refrain from political discourse that makes you the horse's
> ass. And you just dumped on the floor again.

if you go back through the archives for a few months you're likely to
find that I've been one of the least involved in political and
other inflammatory threads. Indeed, you might like to tally up your
own involvement in these threads and ask yourself who has wasted more
of people's time, then think about the mote in your own eye.

However, much as I dislike getting into these things nowadays some posts
deserve a response. Using a word like 'creamed' to describe the bombing of
Baghdad strikes me as insensitive and uncaring, whatever the rights and
wrongs
of the war itself, towards the people who are least able to do
anything about their situation and who certainly haven't brought it
upon themselves. Neutrality always favours the aggressor, and I'm not
about to be neutral when people appear to relish the deaths of
innocent people and treat their coverage like a Hollywood movie.

Furthermore, when I do engage in these threads I at least have the
decency to discuss the matters at hand, rather than insulting people.
If your first resort is to call me a "horse's ass" it demonstrates
nothing but your own ignorance and lack of civility. If you really
want people to shut up about politics you could take lessons from Fred
who is consistently polite but insistent about it. Tossing insults
around is bound to generate further replies.

--
Cheers,
 Bob                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]