Are you going to have a chance to walk around the location before the shoot? If so, have someone come along with a bit of authority so you can turn on the lights and make some readings ahead of time.
Heck he/she could even walk the runway for you so you could check your flash/lights, etc. You might be able to plan, and reserve a spot for a slave (radio controlled) flash to supplement your on-camera flash. Actually, as many weddings as you have done, I know that you know the value of going over the ground ahead of time, too. And a good checklist can't hurt, either. Still preaching to the choir, but, if you do a first rate job, it will probably get you some paying assignments. Getting a receipt for your estimated costs as proof of a donation is a darned good idea, too. I wish I'd have thought of that one.

Len
---

From: "tom" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: RE: interesting gig
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 01:28:00 -0400

Yeah, I'm just trying to figure out how to set them up.

I did a search and looked at some runway photos, and the lighting
seems to be all over the place. I saw a few where the lighting
appeared to be 2 stobes at 45 degrees and equal power, some where it
was mostly ambient, some with only on camera flash.

I guess it will depend on the layout of the place. I'm thinking
slightly directional lighting a bit off axis...I'm also thinking I can
pretty much determine where I get to stand. If I'm close enough I may
use the ttl flash with the IR transmitter so I can keep TTL. That way
I'm not tied too much to hitting spots.

Another option would be to use the AB1600 and just light up the whole
damned room.

tv