On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 13:47:25 -0400, Herb Chong wrote:

>i think the number of people who print from a digital camera is a lot less than 10%
>of the images. i would think that 1% is a high number, and most of that small
>fraction would be on inkjet printers.

I use a digital camera at work for work snapshots and pictures for
internal publications.

Of the pictures taken we use about 30%.  Of those we use about 40% for
our Intranet, 30% are printed and hung on a wall and 20% used for
presentations (via Powerpoint or so on).  Some may get used for all 3
and about 20 per year end up in internal publications.

We use a colour wax printer, though will probably soon upgrade to a
colour laser.  We also have an inkjet which only gets used when the
other printer breaks down.

I'm sure that there are other workplaces doing the same sort of thing.
I know every work centre in Telstra (the communications company I work
for - I think we have 30000 staff though I could be wrong, the number
keeps going down we used to have 50000) has atleast one digital camera.
The use of cameras in this environment is vastly different to the use
of cameras at home.

When I get my *ist D I will happily never use work's Kodak digital
point and shoot ever again!

 Leon

http://www.bluering.org.au
http://www.bluering.org.au/leon