Joseph wrote:

JT> Hmmm. I am waiting for a full-framer. I won't buy the starkistdee
JT> myself, although I may have my lab buy one.

JT> This alarms me. I carry a gaggle of good quality lenses, on which I have
JT> spent too much. I have been awaiting a full-frome digital slr on which
JT> to mount them. Now I may not be able to use some/all of them?

  Likely there are lenses that will behave worse than others. However,
  I doubt there's any way to know for sure in advance.

JT> Is there a way to know in advance which lenses will/won't work with a
JT> full-frame digital slr?
JT> Where can one find out more about this?

  Maybe you should download and see for yourself some of the
  D1s full-frame images available on review sites.

JT> Should I stop waiting and just buy one of the 5 mp slr-like digicams?

  Surely not for serious use. If it really burns, you might as well
  wait a bit more, pay a bit more and get the *istd.
  As a side note, I think I have enough patience for the full framer
  below $1000.

  Servus, Alin