My batteries showed up in the mail today and with a little work,
my LX NiCd pack is back in business.  I'd ordered 350mAh cells but
changed my mind when I saw how much trimming would be required and
stepped it down to 300 mAh.  Total price for parts and shipping came out
to $40 US bringing the cost of my new motor drive to $145.00.  Swapping
batteries was a straightforward 30 minute job with the soldering iron.
The instuctions at http://members.ozemail.com.au/~distudio/pentax_nicd_pack/
were spot on.  As a bonus, the capacity should be double the original and
NiMh cells shouldn't suffer from the memory problems.  The downside of
course is that my charge pack (thanks cotty) is now a 12 hour slow
charger.

Mike Y.

--

        myehle at wanadoo dot fr