I wish I had that option over here, Bob.

After all my internet presence (graywolfphoto.com) only costs me $5.95 a month. My connection (Charter Cable) costs me $53.47 a month. Since everything I need including unlimited email addresses, 250mb webspace, etc. is included in the hosting package I do not need the MSNET web page and other crap supplied free with that $50 package. Now if they would just give me a simple connection for $20 or so I would be in paradise. BTW, before the conglomerates took over the ISP business it was easy to get a basic internet connection, now it is almost impossible in the area where I live.

To top it off Charter Communications, a public utility service, is a local franchise here in Boone. But then so is the local North Carolina DMV license tag office. We supposedly have a separation of church and state here in the US. We seem to also need a separation of business and state.

Bob Walkden wrote:

Hi Mike,

that's a lot of bad luck.

I couldn't see the point of a going to a reseller, which has to go
through BT anyway, when you could do it directly with BT, so I went
with BT Broadband's connection-only option. The stuff arrived when I
asked for it, I connected it all myself, it worked straight away and
has continued to work. It doesn't include any webspace or email addresses,
but the whole thing was simplicity itself.

Bob