I have been testing the fantastic *ist-D with a variety of lenses.  So far, the Pentax
80-200/2.8 FA and Pentax 200/4 FA Macro have been stunning.....beautiful.  Tamron
24-135 not bad.  Pentax 20-40/4 FA very good.  Tamron 80-200/2.8 superb (adaptall pk-a
mount works just fine).

I believe the quality/resolution of the top Pentax & 3rd party lenses goes well beyond
what a 6mb sensor can display, from my tests so far.  I would like more people on the
list to test the best Pentax and 3rd party lenses and give us feedback.

Pentax has produced a fantastic digital camera, and at $1500 ($1700 some places) US,
is priced about right.  I don't like all this whining on the list re non-A lenses.  If
you haven't bought a new lens since 1981, you are not keeping Pentax in business
anyway.  No other company has campatibility back to the mid-1980s like Pentax.  And
the *ist-D is very competitive with any Canon SLR right now.

Robert James
USA