>A lot of people are predicting the end of film but I don't buy it. Yes more
and more people are moving to digital but there are still millions of film
cameras out there that will continue to be used for decades. I think people
are
beginning to panick a little too much about the future of film. People are
dumping perfectly good cameras Paying $1,000s to buy digital camera's that
will be
outdated in two years.
I for one will keep my film cameras and supplement them with a digital in
time...
Vic

I agree. One thing one learns working with computers and digital stuff --
ALWAYS KEEP A BACK UP! An analog backup is preferable, if doable. You know, like
paper and pen. :-) Or a paper filing system that duplicates some of one's
electronic filing system. So when I get a DSLR I'll still keep my film camera.

And while I am tremendously excited by what is happening with DSLRs, I want:
the price to come down and possibly the resolution to rise. I am not totally
positive that digital is now equal to film. Or maybe I want more medium format
quality. :-)

But they're here. Here to stay. And, hopefully, they'll just get better.

I mean, I worry about increasingly frequent power outages. The more reliance
on computers/digital, the more our systems become fragile if power/electricity
becomes a major problem. Probably too doomsday, but I can't help thinking
about it.

Marnie aka Doe  Analog backups may be necessary.