On 13/10/03, [EMAIL PROTECTED] disgorged:

>> Here's my little theory about WB - you don't need to worry
>> about it. What have print labs been doing for years? Working
>> with a media that is stuck on daylight balance but shot in a
>> multitude of conditions. If you're making prints, find an
>> expert printer and let him do his job.
>
>Yeah, but if I had an expert printer who I was consistently happy with
>and I didn't have to pay an arm and a leg for then I wouldn't have felt
>so much drive towards digital in the first place.  For many, half the
>point of digital is cutting this weak link out of the chain.

tv's needs are different. I enjoy the printing almost as much as the
shooting. When I get it just right and a real gem slides out onto the
tray, I'm in heaven. BTW the Ilford Gallerie Smooth Pearl is superb
stuff. Bloody thick! I really like it.

Cheers,
  Cotty

___/\__