Hi Kostas,

exposed film does travel just fine. You have to take some precautions
though.

First, never ~ I mean never put it in check-in luggage (great
description :) ~ since Xray machines for that use much greater
radiation dose and film gets easily damaged there, especially if it
goes trough the Xray machine multiple times.

The best way is to ask for hand check when going trough the arch, but
from my experience (London Gatwick airport, for example) this is
doable for higher than 400 ISO films only. It all depends on the
clerk working there. For ISO 400 and lower films, normally they don't
want to check by hand.

If hand check doesn't work, hand luggage Xray machine doesn't do much
harm. At least, all my films up to 3200 ISO have survived just fine
so far.

Knocking on the wood, that is.

Matjaž