----- Original Message -----
From: "Steve Desjardins"
Subject: RE: Has Pentax missed again?

> How are the normals on the *ist D?  I noticed that some were saying
> their 77 wasn;t as good as it used to be.  I was wondering how the FA50
> 1.4 or the 43 ltd were with the 1.5 factor.

The 77 seems to lose something in the translation to digital. I haven't had
the time to go off and do any formal sorts of testing, but I think the 3D
qualities haven't transferred as well as I had hoped they would.
The new angle of view is certainly not one I am used to, but I think it will
be reasonably useful.
I've had an A 50mm f/1.2 that I have never had any use for at all. Owned it
since I bought into Pentax, probably 15 years now.
I love it on the *ist D. Perfect size for the camera, great balance, lots of
light to keep the screen nice and bright for focussing.

William Robb