Yes those are the usual mounting materials for murals. Masonite is more durable, Gaterboard easier to handle. If they are NOT going to be framed they need a second sheet mounted on the back or they will warp. Thick 1" Gaterboard seems to work best for that use.

tom wrote:

I have a client who wants a really big print to display. It's going to
be about 25 by 60 inches or so.

Instead of having it matted and framed, I'm thinking of another
method, but I don't know what it's called. Basically the print is
mounted to the edge on some sort of thick board, maybe gatorfoam or
masonite? Usually when I see this sort of display, it's some kind of
ad in a store, and it's usually about an inch thick.

Any ideas? My lab offers masonite and gatorfoam, but I'm not 100% sure
that's what I want.

Thanks,

tv

--
Thomas Van Veen Photography
www.thomasvanveen.com

-- graywolf http://graywolfphoto.com

"You might as well accept people as they are,
you are not going to be able to change them anyway."