Hi,

Herb wrote:

> in the US, there is wholesale replacement of film with digital projectors
> for commercial movie theaters. yes, they will retain film for a while, but
> not a long while, since the films wear out so quickly. after that, it will
> be the boutique and art film theaters only that continue to use film.

I find the first sentence very hard to believe.  Even in the poxy, boxy
multiplex booths the screen is rather large.  As cinema film has an ASA
of about 8 (eight), the resolution required for electronic projection
would be well outside present capability.  Not to mention colour
saturation, or the lack of it......

On the other hand, modern cinema is generally designed for people with
limited intellect and excess disposable income.

mike