Agreed.  I think that, aside from power issues, this might be a
reasonable trade off since you would lose mirror slap vibrations.  I
only use the viewfinder for composition anyway.  I used to have an
E-100, and Olympus ZLR with a lousy 1.5 MP resolution.  The viewfinder
was a screen, but I really liked the way that camera handled.

Steven Desjardins
Department of Chemistry
Washington and Lee University
Lexington, VA 24450
(540) 458-8873
FAX: (540) 458-8878
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 10/30/03 01:26PM >>>
>
> If they did that, it would not be a DSLR (Digital Single Lens
Reflex)
> now would it?

It would have to use a partially-reflective mirror a la D1n, of
course.

But, realistically, you're right: there's no reason to do this.
Though
I bet if somebody made an interchangeable-lens body with an LCD screen
where the current ground glass screen is all but the purists would
call
it a DSLR, just because it looked like one.